Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 5: Assignment 2 New Resources

What resources were new to you?  What will you continue to use?
I am familiar with NYTimes and have always liked checking this every week or two for new book picks.  I have never tried the Indie site and this is definitely a site I'll continue to use.  I like the overall layout of the site and I did find a newer children's book of interest-Timmy Failure:  Mistakes were made by Stephan Pastis that looks very good and has received great reviews.  Octopus Alone and Little Owls Night by Divya Srinivasan are adorable judging by the book trailer (Octopus Alone) and I can't wait to read them.  On the Indie site, I also found a non-fiction title of interest-Obsessed by Mika Brzezinski. 

While looking through Mysteries, I stumbled on The Nancy Pearl Booklist and this offers a more extensive category listing than Stop You're Killing Me, so this is also a nice find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment