Monday, June 24, 2013

Assignment 9-2 and 3

Assignment 2

I am of the camp that book trailers are a wonderful marketing tool, if they are done correctly.  I have been seeing plenty of book trailers that are not worth the 2 minutes of time it takes to watch them.  There are others that capture my attention immediately and I want to read the book.  I do not particularly care for those that flash words on the screen, much like a glorified Powerpoint.  Those that do catch my attention may not have words at all, it may be more subtle and subdued, with the title or book jacket at the very end. 

Although I have not thought about using book trailers as part of Readers' Advisory, it is a good idea.  I can see it might be helpful for children and teens-to get hooked on a series or a particular author's books. 

Assignment 3 Thoughts about the blog

This has been a good experience and I am certainly glad it started when my MLIS training was finished for the semester or it may not have been the best experience.  I can honestly say I was a bit stressed with the timeline and that took away a bit of the "fun".  I'm glad it was decided in the end to extend the deadline and I would have liked if I would have known sooner so that I would not have stressed myself out to the max on a weekly basis.  I did learn a great deal about other resources out there and places to check for Readers' Advisory material.  I did enjoy reading other posts and found I did learn new ways of doing things as I blogged with other librarians.  Since I don't have my MLIS at present, I will count this as part of my own personal professional development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment